Week 3- Activity 3

th-1

I interviewed my dad about my grandpa.

My grandpa was born in Indianapolis, but grew up in Israel. He lived there until he was about 10 then moved to Los Angeles, where he still lives today. After he had finished high school he had nothing else to do so he joined the Navy. When my dad asked him why he chose the navy instead of the army he simply said,” In the navy you get to sleep on nice beds.” He was preparing for the invasion of the Japan just before Japan had surrendered and he went home. He then went to Mexico with some friends and eventually decided to go to college in Mexico City. After he had finished college he went on to work for the Department of Defense for the government. He started out as a no good janitor and worked his way up to become the 3rd highest ranking. When he had my dad he was currently working there, but when as my dad got older it became hard for him because of all of the traveling.

This photo is property of the U.S. Navy

2 thoughts on “Week 3- Activity 3

1. That’s very interesting Jonah. My dad was also in the navy and traveling does get tough. You’re grandpa is definitely a respectable man. Keep up the good writing.